Applicants for the Degree Courses (Three Year General/Three Year Honours) must have passed (Class XII) ISC/CBSE/HS/NIOS or equivalent examination recognised by the University of North Bengal (NBU).
• Admission forms must be filled On-line. Visit website: www.southfieldcollege.org for details
• Prospectus must be purchased from College Admission Counter to know details of Honours Subjects and Subject combinations offered, fee structure, rules and regulations, Admission procedure etc.
• After On-line form fill up, students are to come to college with downloaded Payment Slip and Filled up hard copy of On-line form for Physical verification along with the original mark-sheet of the last examination passed along with 1 Xerox copy (Not-attested)
NOTE: WRONG ENTRY OF MARKS WILL LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF APPLICATION
Date for Counselling will be notified in the College Website and College Notice Board. During counselling following documents must be produced.
a. The original mark-sheet of the last examination passed along with 3 Xerox copy (Not-attested)
b. Original Character certificate + 1 Xerox Copy
c. Original Migration Certificate in case of students migrating from another University/Board.
d. Original copy of Transfer Certificate from the last school attended.
e. Date of birth Certificate (ICSE or Madhyamik Admit Card)+1 Xerox copy.
f. SC / ST / OBC Certificate (non-creamy layer) / PH Certificate+1 Xerox copy.
• Admission will be strictly on Merit Basis.
• Reservation of seats for SC / ST / OBC will be according to Govt. Regulation.
• 2 seats are reserved under supernumerary quota for students from Jammu and Kashmir.
NOTE TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS
1. Attendance : As per NBU regulations candidates for examination are required to attend 75% of the lectures and tutorials in each subjects. Students are also required to pass the college periodical examinations as a condition for being presented for the public examinations. Compulsory attendance on the first and last day of every session, including holidays is required. Parents and guardians are requested to cooperate with the college in enforcing regulations regarding the time limits for vacations and holidays. A list of holidays will be supplied at the commencement of each term.
2. Discipline : The College expects each student to be both punctual and regular. In case of absence due to medical reasons, students bring in a letter of excuse signed by a Parent/Guardian to be countersigned by the Principal before re-joining Class. A Medical certificate is required in the event of long illness or more than five days of absence.
A Student may be asked to leave the College in case of serious breach of discipline.
3. Code of Conduct at Examination : At the start of the College examination the parent/student is expected to comply with the following declaration :
"I hereby declare I fully understand that if I resort to unfair means, or attempt to do so in any examination whether internal or University, I will be expelled from the College and no appeal from me to the College authorities will be entertained. Furthermore, if I do not appear in internal examination I will not be promoted or selected as the case maybe. The decision of the authority is final and binding."
Transfer: Every student admitted to the College is duty bound to inform College authorities before the withdrawal from College. Students applying for a Transfer Certificate must submit to the Principal a written application signed by their parents along with the required fee at least 6 days before the end of the month.
Rs. 100.00 /-